Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Gamma Delphinids Update

My girlfriend and me.
 
Early this morning, my girlfriend and I woke up to drive out into the dark fields of Iowa to try and catch a glimpse of the mythical Gamma Delphinids meteor shower. We were out there for about an hour from 3 to 4 a.m. (CDT) when the meteor shower was supposed to be at its peak. We did see a couple shooting stars, but nothing on the order of a meteor shower. Sadly, it appears as if the Gamma Delphinids either didn't hit, or didn't hit when they were supposed to. If you still want to catch this display, you might try going out tonight around 9 to 11 p.m., but in all likelihood, the meteor shower will be a no-show.
I'll keep following this story and see if there are any new developments, maybe we missed it due to improper timing.



No comments:

Post a Comment