Sunday, March 10, 2013

Comet Pan-STARRS (Picture of the Day: 3/10/3)

Pan-STARRS. Source

A comet known as Pan-STARRS has recently made an appearance in the skies over our lovely planet. So far this bright little comet has only been visible in the Southern Hemisphere, but in just a few days it will be visible over the Northern Hemisphere, where I live. From March 12 through 18 this comet should be visible near the horizon at sundown. If you want to catch a glimpse of what could very well be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, then I suggest finding some clear skies and a horizon free of trees and buildings. I will be trying to catch a glimpse of this comet myself, but with the gloomy weather we've been having in Iowa recently I'm a little worried I won't be able to see it. If the skies do open up, however, I'll be sure to try to get a picture to post.
For more information, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment